UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Senior Shelter Assistant Vacancy
UNHCR Recruitment 2019. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites online application for the recruitment of Senior Shelter Assistant Vacancy .The employment details about the posts, age limit, educational qualification, experience and other conditions are given below as link. The candidates are requested to go through the details and ensure that they fulfill the minimum prescribed criteria before before applying.
Tags : Senior Shelter Assistant
Jobs Opportunity in UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Senior Shelter Assistant Vacancy
Job Details : Senior Shelter Assistant
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification :
- Completion of secondary school with certificate/training courses in shelter related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge about construction and particularly rehabilitation and conversion of existing buildings. Any specific additional knowledge about electricity work, water and sanitation system will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Auto Cad, site surveying and experience in undertaking related topography assessments/ feasibility studies for site identification and environmental impact studies whilst using surveying tools (including GPS equipment, GIS software).
- Excellent working knowledge of English (written / oral / comprehension).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of UNHCR standards and criteria for site selection, as well as issues related to shelter, protection, WASH, environment, land property issues etc. will be an asset.
- Computer literacy in MS Office and other relevant software to produce digital maps, site plans, layout and technical drawings.
- Analytical thinking.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Change Capability and Adaptability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide support and assistance to UNHCR Field Office in Yola on shelter and Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) activities; under the direct supervision of the CCCM Officer/Head of Field Office.
The incumbent is expected to have relevant technical background in order to provide the appropriate analysis, assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation support to the shelter response provided to internally displaced persons and returnees in Adamawa State.
As part of the Field Office team, the Senior Shelter Assistant is to ensure smooth implementation of the UNHCR Shelter response programme in Adamawa State. The post is based in Yola, and requires traveling to other UNHCR offices and project implementation locations outside the State.
He/she will be required to have regular contact with Programme, protection and field staff in the field office(s) in order to ensure technical support related to shelter coordination and construction is provided.
Under the direct supervision of the CCCM Officer/Head of Office, the incumbent shall carry out the responsibilities below:
- Assist in carrying out technical assessments of the unused or unfinished private and public buildings (i.e. private accommodation /houses/apartments) in priority locations that have been identified by the municipalities and /or the Shelter partners.
- Assist in Site planning of identified potential settlement area, ensuring appropriate standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with IPs and local authorities on behalf of UNHCR.
- Participate in monitoring of the implementation of shelter activities.
- Assist in production of necessary project documents (Project drawings, BoQ, Technical Specifications, Tendering documents, etc.)
- Assist office in technical, shelter coordination activities with SEMA / NEMA, Partners and other shelter stake holders.
- Assist the Shelter Officer in Maiduguri and also implementing partners when necessary on site improvement of informal tented settlements.
- Assist the Shelter Officer to monitor the implementation of projects under the area of responsibility.
- Assist in verifying any BoQ, execution plan, including defining the scope of works, technical drawings and specifications for internal analysis.
- Support supply in the market analysis of locally available construction materials and skills, promoting the use of local capacity as appropriate.
- Regularly report on work progress of various shelter activities and preparation of SitRep (weekly and monthly).
- Perform other related duties as required.
Senior Shelter Assistant
Yola – Adamawa State
How To Apply : Interested Interested candidates may apply online The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Website at below link
More Details For job information click below link:
- Detail Advertisement & Apply Online Link : http://career.unhcr.ng/job/show/senior-shelter-assistant
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019 For Learning Centre Manager Vacancy
- Job Opportunity in MTN Nigeria For General Manager, Internal Audit and Fraud Vacancy