FMARD Jobs 2020 Apply For Market Development Officer (MDO) Vacancy
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) Jobs 2020 . FMARD invites application for the recruitment of Market Development Officer (MDO) Vacancy.The employment details about the posts, age limit, educational qualification, experience and other conditions are given below as link. The candidates are requested to go through the details and ensure that they fulfill the minimum prescribed criteria before before applying. Apply On or before 09-06-2020
Tags : Market Development Officer (MDO) Vacancy
Jobs Opportunity in FMARD Jobs 2020 Apply For Market Development Officer (MDO) Vacancy
Job Details :
- Market Development Officer (MDO)
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification : BA/BSc/HND
- In pursuant of the Federal Government Agricultural Promotion Policy (APP) and the need to ensure self-sufficiency In domestic food production, the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP) under the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development was set up to support Federal Governments strategic vision for growth and development through strengthening of the agricultural sector in order to increase food security, accelerate economic growth and reduce vulnerability for smallholder farmers particularly women and youths.
- The Project Development Objective (PDO) initiative is anchored on promotion of Agriculture Productivity Enhancement on a sustainable basis, Incomes and food security of poor rural households engaged in the production, processing and marketing of Rice and Cassava in Six States of Anambra, Benua, Ebonyi Niger, Ogun and Taraba States”.
- Consequently, Expression of Interest (EOI) is hereby solicited from suitably qualified and interested candidates to participate in the FGN/IFAD Value Chain Development Programme (IFAD-VCDP).
- The Market Development Officer (MDO) will work under the direct supervision of the Market and Enterprise Development Advisor
- The Market Development Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Market And Enterprise Development Advisor in collaboration with SPMU Business and Market Development Officer (SBMDO), the SPMU Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officer and the National authorities, Overall, the MDO will assist the NPMEDA in promoting marketing linkages and market information among the small and medium-scale producers and processors.
- Implementation of VCD measures and activities in supporting policy and regulatory framework for promoting enabling environment for VCD.
- Work under the supervision of MEDA to monitor, evaluate and document the results of the linkage programme.
- Execution of support measures, activities and processes for quality control and standardization of processed products under the VCDP.
- Implementation of measures and interventions for increasing the access of VC operators to market information and improving market linkages between producers, processors and market operators.
- Execution of VCDP measures and interventions designed to strengthen the business management capacity of post’ harvest VC operators (individuals and organizations> for improved business, organizational and corporate performance and sustainability.
- Assist the MEDA In identifying actions and mechanisms for the implementation of the measures and activities in the promoting the use of value addition technologies including post-harvest handling, processing, storage and packaging.
- Provide support to MEDA in dealing and interacting with national and state government agencies in consultative and collaborative activities.
- Formulation of TOR5 and scope of work for the service providers.
- Provide support in the monitoring and certification of the work of service providers the various activities and assignments.
- Assist the MEDA in the technical supervision of the work of the States’ Business and Market Development Officers and the State Agricultural Processing and Quality Enhancement Officers.
- Provide information from various sources for the implementation and coordination of activities and measures for the improvement of market access by VC operators; and
- Support execution of activities in the areas of policy and regulatory support, value addition, market access, business management, quality control and standardization.
Reporting and Location:
- The position will be based in the NPMU office located in Abuja. The MOO will report directly to the Market and Enterprise Development Advisor
Details of the Contract:
- Two-year contract, renewable if the project is extended and based on performance.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in any of the Management or Social Sciences including Agricultural Economics, Economics or related fields.
- Strong background in business and marketing blended with practical skills and at least 5 years work experience on issues and programmes relating to agricultural commodity marketing, agro-processing and agro-industrial development and MSME promotion.
- Good negotiation, inter-personal and relational skills.
- Previous experience in working with government and private sector will be a great advantage,
- Integrity and confidentiality
Market Development Officer (MDO)
How To Apply : Interested and qualified candidates should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) Applications in ten (10) copies including one original and nine (9) photocopies, properly sealed and clearly marked at the top right hand cover ‘Expression of Interest (EOI) for the recruitment of National Procurement Officer under FGN/IFAD-VCDP Project.” Each envelope should include a CV and an application letter with cover letter suited for the position being applied for.
The sealed envelope should be addressed and delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development,
No.1, Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kane Crescent,
Wuse II – Abuja.