UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Shelter Associate Vacancy
UNHCR Recruitment 2019. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites online application for the recruitment of Shelter Associate Vacancy .The employment details about the posts, age limit, educational qualification, experience and other conditions are given below as link. The candidates are requested to go through the details and ensure that they fulfill the minimum prescribed criteria before before applying.
Tags : Shelter Associate
Jobs Opportunity in UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Shelter Associate Vacancy
Job Details : Shelter Associate
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification :
- Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary training in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Construction Site Management or other related field
- Minimum 6 years professional experience and additional training/experience desirable in site planning, construction of building works, Shelter and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of computer software (Ms Word, Excel PowerPoint), as well as the capacity to use mapping tools, i.e. GPS and MapInfo.
- Knowledge of computer aided design software (AutoCAD or ArchiCAD, MS Visio, MapInfo etc.) is a requirement.
- Fluency in English language skills (written and spoken) and excellent analytical capacity in English (written and spoken).
- Technical drafting and design skills, preferably with basis computer-aided drafting (CAD) experience.
- Knowledge of SPHERE standards and the ability to use basic survey equipment, digital cameras, and computer equipment
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Analytical thinking and resource management skills
- Stakeholder Management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will provide support and assistance to UNHCR Field Office in Ogoja on shelter and shelter related activities for the refugee settlement in Anyake; under the direct supervision of the Shelter Officer and working in close collaboration with the Shelter Officer, Ogoja Sub-Office and Head of Field Office in Adikpo.
The incumbent is expected to have relevant technical background in order to provide the appropriate analysis, assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation support to the shelter response provided to refugees in Cross River and Benue States.
As part of the shelter team, the Shelter Associate assists the Sub-Office to ensure smooth implementation of the UNHCR Shelter programme in Cross River and Benue State. The post is based in Ogoja, but requires also traveling to other field offices and areas of program implementation.
He/she will be required to have regular contact with Programme, protection and field staff in field office in order to ensure technical support related to shelter, site planning and construction activities.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-office, the incumbent shall carry out the responsibilities below:
- Provide support and advice on all technical matters, including settlement development, shelter and infrastructure construction to UNHCR Office, Partners and Agencies involved in the UNHCR Operations in Cross River and Benue States.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance for all UNHCR implemented shelter and construction activities to ensure quality control, timely and cost effective implementation.
- Assist the UNHCR Office in close monitoring of shelter and settlement activities by highlighting budgetary implications of technical components, as well as the technical integrity of shelter interventions in refugee locations.
- Prepare detailed designs, drawings, specifications, bills of quantities, material lists and cost estimates for all shelter and settlement related works. Review all proposed Partners designs/plans and drawings to ensure they meet the minimum required technical standards and specifications.
- Identify and evaluate shelter needs in refugee settlement and host communities, in line with UNHCR’s mandate and planned activities. Provide inputs for formulation of project submissions to address shelter and settlement needs, taking into consideration technical standards (UNHCR/Sphere/National) as well as UNHCR protection mandate and policy priorities.
- Regularly liaise and coordinate with other specialists in Ogoja sub-office and Government authorities as well as other agencies, maintaining close working relationship through different information sharing mechanisms;
- Attend relevant co-ordination meetings to promote the active sharing of information and synergy in activities’ implementation.
- Make recommendations on procurement of all necessary materials, equipment and tools for timely implementation of plans and site facilities functionality.
- Provide regular technical reports to the supervisor and to other colleagues as appropriate.
Ogoja – Cross River State
How To Apply : Interested Interested candidates may apply online The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Website at below link
More Details For job information click below link:
- Detail Advertisement & Apply Online Link : http://career.unhcr.ng/job/show/information-technology-communication-ict-associate
- UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Senior Shelter Assistant Vacancy
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019 For Learning Centre Manager Vacancy
- Job Opportunity in MTN Nigeria For General Manager, Internal Audit and Fraud Vacancy