UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate Vacancy
UNHCR Recruitment 2019. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites online application for the recruitment of Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate Vacancy .The employment details about the posts, age limit, educational qualification, experience and other conditions are given below as link. The candidates are requested to go through the details and ensure that they fulfill the minimum prescribed criteria before before applying.
Tags : Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate
Jobs Opportunity in UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate Vacancy
Job Details : Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate
Eligibility Criteria :
- Educational Qualification :
- Completion of Secondary School or equivalent technical school with formal training and certification on relevant ICT related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of job experience relevant to the function or particularly on HF/VHF radio or IT systems, PAMA satellite systems, PABX, Cisco routers and satellite modems.
- Knowledge of computer application packages such as MS Office.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of other UN languages.
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VoIP systems, electricity, generators, lightning protection an asset.
- Previous experience in Emergencies is an advantage.
- Training experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Admin/Finance Officer, the ICT Associate provides reliable and timely ICT services on the application and infrastructure of UNHCR standard ICT services in the Area of Responsibility (AoR). S/he receives technical guidance from ICT Officer in Abuja.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in on-site needs assessment and installation and maintenance of UNHCR Telecommunications and IT equipment.
- In consultation with the Senior Regional ICT officer, establish the ICT requirements in field operations, taking into account the overall IT and Telecom strategy of the region, the operational needs and the security constraints.
- Install and configure the most appropriate type of UNHCR IT and Telecommunications systems (HF, VHF, UHF, and Microwave Links, Telephony, and satellite systems) to meet the field and emergency operations immediate ICT needs.
- Ensure that the equipment under his/her responsibility is in good working condition, by inspecting regularly the hardware and installations. If required, arrange promptly repairs or replacement as necessary according to established procedures.
- Maintain records of the installations and repairs/replacements done and keep the Regional ICT officer fully informed on the status of the equipment.
- Provide each office, where equipment is installed, with full information for their asset management records.
- If applicable, keep a proper inventory level of all sites spares and return spare parts for repair/replacement.
- Monitor and maintain the LAN, Network Servers, Printers, LAN points, Hubs, Patch pane, etc. to prevent faults occurring.
- Add or remove users from the Network.
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records of users and usage of the Network.
- Carry out minor hardware maintenance.
- Provide Technical Briefing/Training on the equipment to local ICT resources and users, including IPs, ensuring that they are able to maintain/use the equipment.
- Assist in the development and configuration of IT and Telecom Equipment/Kits used in field operations and emergencies.
Information technology & Communication (ICT) Associate
Maiduguri – Borno State
How To Apply : Interested Interested candidates may apply online The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Website at below link
More Details For job information click below link:
- Detail Advertisement & Apply Online Link : http://career.unhcr.ng/job/show/information-technology-communication-ict-associate
- UNHCR Recruitment 2019 Apply Online For Senior Shelter Assistant Vacancy
- First Bank of Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019 For Learning Centre Manager Vacancy
- Job Opportunity in MTN Nigeria For General Manager, Internal Audit and Fraud Vacancy